Gujarat was already in a milieu of Politics before Election commission of India declared dates of voting in the state. When every time Gujarat’s election produces much effect in Prime ministerial election of India, this time also the political parties are trying to ground their roots much stronger and first step of this political race for Delhi starts from Gujarat.
When BJP is ruling the state from last 22 years, oppositions are facing it hard to remove BJP from the position of Chair leader. In every election, rate of voting is increasing every year but Election commission as well as the Government of India should try to achieve voting rate as maximum as possible. Election commission of India is taking many initiative for possible change in voting procedure to make it more transparent and easy for all people still voting rates stops at 70% in urban areas while 55%-60% in rural areas. Looking at digitization happened in last ten years, Election commission should also try to change its traditional method of voting and this may lead to maximum voting rates. Here are probable changes,
- For a particular voting area, voting period should be continuous of three to four days (Covering weekend days) instead of single day, it will help to include daily working people as well as voters residing away from their voting area.
- Voter should be verified by fingerprint/Photo by AADHAR KYC verification or Election card, it will be helpful to prevent duplication of votes.
- Online voting facility should be available for remote voters and their KYC verification should be done before election period and they must be provided Log-in ID and Password for the same.
- Once voter verified by AADHAR or KYC fingerprint, user should not be able to vote again in that area in that particular voting days, it will be helpful to prevent duplication of votes of same voter at different residential voting booths.
- No. of voting centers should be more and should be in the reach of people.
- Voters must be informed about voting period by Election commission by SMS or E-mail. Voters must be alerted by the same before the closing day of voting period if not voted successfully.
- There must be strong protection of voting areas and other places to prevent any manipulation in voting method as well as in votes.
- There must be prior information should be provided about voting period & time as well as nearby voting locations in local newspapers, any promotional event can be done for the awareness of voting among the people.
There must be transparency in voting system and proper voting method will be helpful in electing people’s choice in this democracy. Gujarat elections are on the way. Do vote, let’s built the strong future.